Location: Montreal, Quebec
VIA is powering the clean energy revolution. VIA's AI platform helps organizations drive operational efficiencies and collaborate across the energy ecosystem by overcoming challenges related to data quality, data scarcity, and data privacy. We work with the largest power providers in the U.S., Europe, and Asia. Now, we need your help to make an even bigger difference.
As the Scrum Master you will contribute to the advancement of Agile practices at VIA, while supporting organizational project and product teams.
In this role, you will:
- Coach VIA’s product team on integrating Agile principles, processes, and best practices into daily workflows to deliver high quality products and services
- Build and reinforce a culture of continuous improvement
- Facilitate and support all Scrum events: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective
- Work with Product Owners to develop and maintain product backlogs
- Foster team communication while building a trusting environment of psychological safety with an emphasis on problem solving
- Understand decision-making practices in the organization and use them to the team’s advantage to resolve conflict or impediments
- Work with Product Development Teams, as well as internal and external stakeholders, to influence and drive processes as well as decision making
- Facilitate the identification of potential issues or delays in the completion of work in coordination with the technical team, Product Owner (PO), Technical Lead, and Architect
- Guide Product Owners and teams to build a Sprint Backlog with a scope that matches the team’s historical velocity
What you will bring to this role:
- 3+ years of experience working in an Agile driven role, preferably within a software development company
- Bachelor’s degree in machine learning, statistics, computer science, physics, mathematics, engineering, or another field of computational science (an important asset)
- In-depth knowledge of an Agile framework and methodology (i.e. Scrum and Kanban), as well as knowledge of project management principles and practices
- Adept at refinement, story splitting, estimation, velocity, retrospection, and other Scrum techniques
- Planning and problem solving with product management and delivery teams
- Demonstrated success working directly with Agile product development teams
- Outstanding communication and facilitation skills coupled with an assertive, diplomatic personality and the ability to breakdown, communicate, and present complex ideas
To have a high impact at VIA, you will:
- Be a critical thinker with a passion for solving complex problems alongside teammates
- Have a desire to learn in a high-energy environment
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and apply follow-up and organizational skills
- Be a part of a team that will transform the energy industry using groundbreaking technology and innovative solutions
- Enjoy sharing your passions, as a foodie, a lover of video games, a fan of pets, or having a good GIF game (doesn’t hurt either!)
What you will find at VIA:
A competitive, total rewards package, an environment that cares about your learning and development, flexible working arrangements, and a culture of celebrating our collective diversity, are just a few of the things that make every day rewarding!
Read more about our perks and benefits here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.