Location: Somerville, Massachusetts
Title: Software Developer
VIA is making an impact, and so can you.
VIA is powering the clean energy revolution. Now, we need your help to make an even bigger difference. Using our blockchain-powered platform, we help organizations drive operational efficiencies and collaborate across the energy ecosystem by overcoming challenges related to data quality, data scarcity, and data privacy. VIA works with the largest power providers in the U.S., Europe, and also the U.S. State and Federal government agencies including the Department of Defense.
As a Software Developer at VIA, you will play an integral role in the development of our advanced analytics solutions by building software to support modern web applications and services, powered by blockchain technologies and machine learning algorithms. Though the focus will be on back-end development, you will work closely with the entire technical team, including front-end developers, to solve exciting technical challenges.
Read more about our mission, team, and values here.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and implement a robust set of services and APIs for our blockchain application, Trusted Analytics Chain™ (TAC™), and upcoming projects
- Support the integration and deployment of back-end and front-end microservices by using best practices and automation tools (e.g., Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes)
- Apply best practices for automated testing of our applications and support implementation (e.g., unit test and related libraries)
- Independently debug and diagnose problems while working within a collaborative technical environment
What you will bring to this role:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, mathematics, engineering, or science
- 3+ years of relevant software development experience
- Experience owning the full cycle of software development including; design, implementation, testing, debugging and CI/CD
- Proficiency with Python, shell script, and a variety of common software patterns
- Experience writing tests, for example, unit tests, component tests, and integration tests
- Familiarity with container technologies for microservices (e.g. Docker)
- Exposure to cloud services (AWS, Azure)
- Good understanding and experience working with authentication and authorization standards
- Experience using web development frameworks such as FastAPI, Django or Tornado
- Working knowledge of databases (SQL, NoSQL)
- Exposure to the following a plus: Typescript, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Kubernetes API, IT automation (Ansible), Terraform, Shell script
- Eligibility to obtain a US Security Clearance
To have a high impact at VIA, you will:
- Be a critical thinker with a passion for solving complex problems alongside teammates
- Have a desire to learn in a high-energy environment
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and apply follow-up and organizational skills
- Be a great communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Be a part of a team that will transform the energy industry using groundbreaking technology and innovative solutions
- Enjoy sharing your passions, as a foodie, a lover of video games, a fan of pets, or having a good GIF game (doesn’t hurt either!)
What you will find at VIA:
Our approach to developing innovative solutions, commitment to continuous learning, and culture of celebrating our collective diversity make every day rewarding!
Read about our perks and benefits here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.