Location: Montreal, Quebec
VIA is making an impact, and so can you.
VIA’s mission is to make communities cleaner, safer, and more equitable. Verification, integration, and analysis across multiple private data sources is a requirement to improve communities, but also costly and massively time consuming. The U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), and energy companies around the globe, trust VIA to help them solve their data challenges. Using its Web3 platform, VIA enables real-time data verification, integration, and privacy-preserving analysis of energy, environmental, and other confidential data.
As a DevOps Specialist at VIA, you will play an integral role in the deployment, support, and security verification of our advanced analytics applications. You will own key components of VIA’s deployment pipeline and operational infrastructure.
Read more about our mission, team, and values here.
In this role, you will:
- Enhance VIA’s deployment process through efficient automation and implementing up-to-date industry best practices
- Support network security configuration
- Optimize and secure system integration
- Maintain and improve the internal tool stack
- Set up and configure logging and monitoring frameworks across several products, teams, and customers
- Support internal deployment activities across multiple teams and products
- Provide deployment and configuration troubleshooting support
- Own and maintain the documentation for internal and customer deployment procedures
- Build and deliver training material for the team about the CI/CD pipeline
- Secure applications powered by blockchain technologies and machine learning algorithms
- Help build the testing pipeline by building relevant templates
- Ensure smooth deployment and integration of VIA software across multiple stakeholders’ cloud platforms
- Interact with various technical teams to build an understanding of their technology, configuration, and documentation
- Enhance and automate the setup process of VIA’s software on our internal customers’ cloud platform in order to facilitate more efficient installations
What you will bring to this role:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, engineering, information systems, or a related degree
- 5+ years of relevant devops experience
- In-depth experience with AWS, Azure or GCP cloud service providers
- Proficiency in application deployment (e.g., Kubernetes, Terraform, YAML, Ansible, Docker, OVA,), configuration and monitoring (e.g., System logs, Kibana, Graphite, etc.)
- Deep technical understanding of IT infrastructure integration, Unix/Linux, (e.g., DNS, Active Directory, storage systems, firewalls, etc.), TCP/IP behavior, and application data flows between systems (a must have)
- Experience managing network infrastructure, protocols, troubleshooting, and security (e.g., firewalls, security groups, OS/container hardening, PEN testing)
- Proficiency in Python and shell script languages
- Ability to manage priorities and work effectively across several sprints
- Proven stakeholder management experience with strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Experience or interest in the following skills is also a plus:
- Deployment of blockchain nodes (e.g., experience with configuration of Ethereum miners)
- Application orchestration
To have a high impact at VIA, you will:
- Be a critical thinker with a passion for solving complex problems alongside teammates
- Have a desire to learn in a high-energy environment
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and apply follow-up and organizational skills
- Be a part of a team that will transform the energy industry using groundbreaking technology and innovative solutions
- Excited to share your passions with the team as a foodie, a lover of video games, an athlete, a fan of pets, or having a good GIF game (doesn’t hurt either!)
What you will find at VIA:
Our approach to developing innovative solutions, commitment to continuous learning, and culture of celebrating our collective diversity makes every day rewarding!
Read about our perks and benefits here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.